Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Building Confidence, Courage, Character

Imagine having a job description that included "building confidence, courage, and character in young women." That's a pretty lofty mission, right? But it is exactly the mission of the people with whom I spent most of my day today. I spoke for the staff of the Fox Valley Girl Scout Council.

I was inspired to be in the presence of these loving, caring people. I was not aware of the enormous opportunities and offerings availed for young women by this incredible organization. Of course, I had always known of Girl Scouts (and ALWAYS enjoyed their cookies), but I don't think I had any idea about the scope of their offerings.

Things are changing with Girl Scouts. Councils are being realigned. The bottom line is that the changes are necessary and will ultimately benefit greatly the "customers" of the Girl Scouts--those girls who call themselves Daisys, or Brownies, or Girl Scouts.

Wouldn't it be incredible if ALL OF US had the mission of building confidence, courage, and character? Let's follow the lead of the Girl Scouts. Let's ALL take that on as our mission for each other!

Can we start today?

No comments:

Post a Comment