Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

 The last day of October.  Unimaginable. Another season is passing.  As I look out my window, I see mounds of leaves blanketing the ground.  I wonder, "where did the time go ... what have I impacted ... where have I made a difference?"

This evening our front porch will become a magical, mystical platform.  Little goblins and witches, princesses and pirates will take center stage.  We will reward them with treats for their promise of NO TRICKS!  They will exit with glee for we are the "big bar" house.  News of the big bar will spread frantically through the neighborhood.

Tomorrow will dawn a new season--one of Thanksgiving and gratitude.  I hope (for all of us) that this new season lasts well beyond the one month allotted; that we are conscious and mindful in our everyday lived experience.  That we have a knowingness that we are called, chosen, purpose-filled people who impact, inspire, and make a difference.  For my own life, this is surely something that I need to commit more time to practice-- mindfulness, thanksgiving, and gratitude.

I think I'll start tonight. I am grateful for the King Size Snickers Bar that I will consume ... mindfully ... and enjoy!

Happy Halloween!


For more information on the acceleration of women in business go to http://maureenobrienspeaks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment